Tomorrow shall be the infamous day. The day my teenage self assumed would be the best year of my life! Tomorrow I shall join the grown up world and I will be able to proclaim myself as a bonafide adult in my mid-20's!! Okay- enough with the dramatics. We all know how sentimental I am when it comes to changing my life or anything like that. Whoever created the phrase creature of habit was most certainly thinking of a certain Ruby Annette. I. Hate. Change. I moved about six times while I was hitched and tell you what: I hated it. I used to hide in my bedroom behind my furniture and take naps. 19 year old Ruby was awesome. ANYWAY- for the last year I have been welcoming change and adapting to it surprisingly well. I am loving this transition phase Max is in because he's turning into such a little person (we speak the same language now). I like looking at myself and realizing holy cow I have come suuuch a long way! Go Rubs! Therefore, I will now consider change the best thing ever. Enough chatter- I wanted to share a list of
25 20 things I am accomplishing this year in honor of my big ol' 25th Birthday! WOO!! Cheers to a new age, a new me, a growing Max, and a brightly light future!!
1. Travel to London, England. This means I must purchase my tickets now and stop talking myself out of it.
Eat a habanero
3. Go to Mexico with my dad during a special celebration that takes place in my grandad's home town and wear the full on gear! I've always wanted to do this and it's in October and I'm thinking I could totally pull it off this year... unless grad school happens. dang it.
4. Do a special number with David and Lizette Morales. They were my youth leaders when I was about fourteen and I completely adore them! They're the best couple ever!
5. Wake up early for 6 months to do: any form of exercise and meditate
6. Visit Chicago *(it's happening during Spring Break, holllaa!)
7. Write in my journal at least once a week
8. Finish my book and send it to my bff Jacque so she can edit it and then
9. Find out how I can get published
Take a 3 week break from Facebook *
11. Read 10 books this year
12. Learn to actually cook pate
13. Run 6 miles without stopping
14. Go on a date with a Mormon guy*(maaayyybeee)
15. Spend time with people I love the most
16. I hope to learn how to relax...
17. Buy that dream dress and wear it to a great function/occasion
18. Read the entire BOM
19. Teach Max to read
20.... is a mystery that I can't tell you about until a more appropriate time and place.